“The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” — Joseph Campbell
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example…” — 1 Timothy 4:12
Choosing a college is fundamentally about helping your student realize who they want to become, rather than where they want to go. While this work is a lifelong endeavor, it goes without saying that the choices made during those formative years of high school and college lay the foundation of a life path. Working with teens can be a challenge, working with your own teen is even more challenging.
The Jump-Start Package is about helping your student recognize the opportunities available to them and to encourage them to be proactive in their journey. GPA, athletics, classes, volunteer work, summer activities and employment each plays a role in enhancing a student’s growth and development, as well shape the tone and purpose that will shine through on their college applications.
- Is your student participating in activities that they are intrinsically drawn to?
- Does your student understand the power of self-advocating?
- Does your student realize the classes and GPA expected at varying institutions?
- If your student dreams of becoming an engineer, are they taking the math classes needed?
- Is your student self-supplementing their education?
Taking a few hours — that’s all it takes — to evaluate the path your student is on in 9th or 10th-grade yields rewards for years to come. We look forward to helping your student put purpose at the center of their high school experience and assisting them in landing at a college where they can thrive.
9th/10th Jump-Start Package Includes:
• Transcript Evaluation and Suggestions for Curriculum Enhancement
• Extracurricular Review & Suggestions
• Personality & Learning Style Assessment
• One-on-One Session with Jessie
• Introductory Cost – $250