NEW this year! You will need to create an FSA_ID to apply for federal financial aid (FAFSA). Even if you don’t qualify for need-based financial aid, but are planning to have your student take out an Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, you will need to file a FAFSA. Click here to watch the video.

  • Instructions for creating your FSA_ID. Here.
  • FAQ’s. Here and Here.
  • PITFALLS & PROBLEMS to avoid. Learn more from this post by Mark Kantrowitz on Cappex.
  • Acronyms prompting scrambled brain? FAFSA, CSS, EFC, FSA, IDK. Learn what they mean in this previous post.